It’s Live. Video calling from whatsapp is now possible.
Here is how you can make video calls from Whatsapp?
- First of all, You will need to upgrade your whatsapp from a relevant app store. Or you can visit https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ to download the latest version on your phone.
- Select a contact that you want to connect with over a video call.
- Make sure your Whatsapp Contact also has an updated version or else you may get an error as given below.
- Press the call button next to the contact name & a pop-up will open from there . it will give you 2 options to select from as given below. Select the video call option & you will be connected over the video call.
Skype has dominated the video calling market for a long time. In fact for a lot of us Skype is a synonym to video calling. It will be interesting to see how video whatsapp calling feature is being used.
One thing is for sure, if this feature works out well, it will definitely eliminate the need of using multiple apps for mobile communications.
Here are a few quick questions that might help you to make sure a great video call experience.
Q. Can you make a Whatsapp video call on a 2G network?
A. Technically yes, but considering the speed limitations – don’t expect the call experience as impressive.
2. What type of Internet is recommended for Video Calls?
A. If you are using WiFi – about 100 KBPS of download & upload speed should be good enough for a video call.
B. If you are on a 3g network or a 4g network (Jio 4g, Vodafone 4g, Airtel 4g or Idea 4g) – you can expect to have a great video calling experience.
3. Is the call realtime? How fast is the call?
Video calls on whatsapp appear a lot more faster than Duo & Skype.
A. We tried making a video call on a relatively slower WiFi network (100 KBPS upload/download speed) – there was a delay of about 2 seconds in the call.
B. On a 4g network the delay was only of about 1 second.
Go give it a try & do share your first whatsapp video call experience.