This is a great trick you can play on your friends. To disable the display of local or networked drives when you click My Computer.
- Go to start->run.Type regedit.Now go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Now in the right pane create a new DWORD item and name it NoDrives(it is case sensitive).
- Now modify it’s value and set it to 3FFFFFF (Hexadecimal) .
- Restart your computer. So, now when you click on My Computer, no drives will be shown.
- To enable display of drives in My Computer, simply delete this DWORD item that you created.Again restart your computer.You can now see all the drives again.