In Windows 7 you often need to run programs like DOS to run with Administrator rights to perform some critical tasks. To do this every time you have to right click on the icon and have to select Run as Administrator.
Here is a little work around to avoid right clicking the application every time you open it. Follow the steps given below to do so…
- Right click on the application icon or shortcut and click on Properties.
- Click on “Compatibility” tab.
- There check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click on Apply and Ok.
- If you want to allow all the users to run the application as Administrator then click on Change settings for all users .
- Again check the Run this program as an administrator box in the newly opened dialogue box.
- Click Apply and Ok.
- You are done.