Here is a simple tutorial on resetting the admin account password of any Windows Operating System. All you will require for this is one Ubuntu live CD.
- Insert Ubuntu Live CD and boot from it.
- Open terminal and install chntpw in Ubuntu. To do so use the following commands.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chntpw
- Now mount your Windows volume. In my case it was dev/sda1. Replace it with yours.
sudo mkdir /media/WINDOWS
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/WINDOWS
- Now navigate to the Windows configuration folder.
- To reset the administrator password enter
sudo chntpw SAM
- After completing this command you will see 5 different choices. Select the 1st one and press Enter and done.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- password hacking tricks,hacking tricks for computer password,computer password hacking tricks,hacking passwords tricks,computer tricks,hacking password tricks,pc password hacking tricks,Hacking tricks,forgot windows 7 password lifehacker,how to reset the admin password without knowing the old one windows 7 starter,forgot admin password in xp lifehacker,password recovery lifehacker windows 7,cd unlock admin password