There is a hidden feature in Windows and not many users know anything about it. You can setup a banner with a message in it. Each time your Windows boots up the same banner will pop up. The message can be anything from a welcome message to some important information. You can use it in the way you want. Follow the simple steps given below to setup a banner for your Windows system :[sociallocker] [/sociallocker]
- First of all, go to “start” –> “run”.
- Type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- A new window will open named “registry editor”. In the left panal of the “registry editor”, go to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ system
- Now right click on the right panel, choose “new”,Select “string value”. A new “string value” will be created.
- Right click on it and choose “rename”. Type “LegalNoticeCaption” .
- Right click on that “string value” and choose “modify”. On the “value data:” area, type the text or value that you want to see in the title bar of the banner.
- Now create yet another new “string value” in the right panel and “rename” it to “LegalNoticeText”.
- Right click on that “string value” and choose “modify”. On the “value data:” part, type the message you want to display each time windows boots.
- Now, close the “registry editor”.
- Restart your computer.
Now, after the “boot screen” and just before the “welcome screen” a new banner will pop up which contains your message and an “OK” button. The users have to click on the “OK” button to proceed.
Click on the link below to know