It is easy to block a website on a computer using any software or just by changing the dns server and making few settings but if you don’t want to use any additional software or service then too you can block websites on your Windows machine. All you will require for this is :
- A windows machine.
- A text editor (notepad will do).
- A web browser .
Just follow the steps given below to block a particular website.
- Navigate to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
- Find the file named “HOSTS”
- Open it using notepad.
- Under “127.0.0.1 localhost” Add 127.0.0.2 www.orkut.com , and that site will no longer be accessable.
– www.orkut.com will not be accessible anymore.
If you want to add more sites then just increment the IP address by one and add it to the list.
i.e. 127.0.0.3 www.yahoo.com
You can use this trick to block popup sites as well or any other advertising site.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- computer tricks,loading gif,LOGO GIF,android animated gif,40109cb exe,logo facebook,android gif animation,trick51mobie com,android logo animation,thunderbird gif,Trick51mobie in,www trick51mobie in,htc logo gif,thunderbird icon,picjoke com,nokia logo gif,block website,how to block a website without anyone knowing,how to block facebook in registry editor,block facebook using registry,block facebook through registry,internet tricks