For one or other reason you might want to block an application on your PC so that no one else can run it. You can use this trick to play a prank on your friends or to stop your child from playing games. Whatever is the reason, follow the simple steps given below to block any program on Windows 7 without using any software.
- Click on Start and type regedit, press enter.
- Navigate to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion \\Policies\\Explorer
- In the right side panel, right click in the empty area and point to New, and then click on DWORD Value.
- Type DisallowRun, and press ENTER.
- Double-click the DisallowRun value that you created in the previous step.
- Type 1 in the Value data box, and click OK.
- Right-click the following registry key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Explorer. Point to New, and select Key:
- Type DisallowRun, and press ENTER.
- For each program you want to block, create a new string value in the DisallowRun subkey . Use consecutive numbers to name the string values (starting with 1), and use the executable file name of the program as the data for the string value.For example, if you want to restrict users from running Internet Explorer:
- Navigate to the following key in Registry Editor:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\\Microsoft\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Explorer\\DisallowRun. Then right click in the right side panel and create a new string value. Type 1, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click “1″ that you created in the previous step.
- Type iexplore.exe in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following key in Registry Editor:
- Quit Registry Editor, and restart your explorer or computer to load new settings.
After restarting your computer try to run internet explorer. If you followed this correctly then you will see an error message similar to below image.
To regain access simply delete the key which you created during the process and restart your computer. Have fun 😉
Source : Microsoft.com
Incoming search terms for the article:
- DisallowRun windows 7,how to block a program from running via registry editor,how to block executable program using register,windows 7 registry disallowrun,windows 7 disallowrun,how to block a program in regedit,how to block programs by rajistry editor,blocking the applications using registry,disallowrun regedit,use regedit to block program file viewing,how to register block on win7,registry funny tricks,HOW TO RESTRICT INSTALLING USING REGISTRY IN WINDOWS 7,how to block counter strike in regedit in xp,explorer disallowrun windows 7,execution programs editor blocked on this computer,[HowTo]BlockprogramsinWindows7usingRegistryEditor|TipsFromGeek,how to block progams changing reg win 7,block websites using regedit in win 7,HOW T0 BLOCK REGEDIT OF A PROGRAM,how to block a exe to run via registry,how to block installer using regedit in win7,how to block installation in windows 7 regedit,how to block exe files usng windows 7,how to block counter strike on windows 7 for users,how to block a website using regedit windows 7,how to block a website using registry keys in windows 8,how to block an application via regedit in windows7,how to block application in windows 7 by registry,disallowrun registry\,disallowrun registry windows 7,block internt software registering,block execution specifc program,block executable registry,block executable from running windows 8,block exe in regedit,block cs in windows 7,block counter strike xp registry,block computer management windows 7 registry,block program in window 7,block program thru register,block software installation in registry,disallowrun in windows 7,disablelowdiskspace,create a write blocker in W7 regedit,blocking websites in windows 7 registry,blocking application via registry edit,blocking application using registry,blocked exe registry,block specific exe from regedit