For one or other reason you might want to block an application on your PC so that no one else can run it. You can use this trick to play a prank on your friends or to stop your child from playing games. Whatever is the reason, follow the simple steps given below to block any program on Windows 7 without using any software.
- Click on Start and type regedit, press enter.
- Navigate to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion \\Policies\\Explorer
- In the right side panel, right click in the empty area and point to New, and then click on DWORD Value.
- Type DisallowRun, and press ENTER.
- Double-click the DisallowRun value that you created in the previous step.
- Type 1 in the Value data box, and click OK.
- Right-click the following registry key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Explorer. Point to New, and select Key:
- Type DisallowRun, and press ENTER.
- For each program you want to block, create a new string value in the DisallowRun subkey . Use consecutive numbers to name the string values (starting with 1), and use the executable file name of the program as the data for the string value.For example, if you want to restrict users from running Internet Explorer:
- Navigate to the following key in Registry Editor:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\\Microsoft\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Explorer\\DisallowRun. Then right click in the right side panel and create a new string value. Type 1, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click “1″ that you created in the previous step.
- Type iexplore.exe in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following key in Registry Editor:
- Quit Registry Editor, and restart your explorer or computer to load new settings.
After restarting your computer try to run internet explorer. If you followed this correctly then you will see an error message similar to below image.
To regain access simply delete the key which you created during the process and restart your computer. Have fun 😉
Source : Microsoft.com
Incoming search terms for the article:
- DisallowRun windows 7,how to block a program from running via registry editor,how to block executable program using register,windows 7 registry disallowrun,windows 7 disallowrun,how to block a program in regedit,use regedit to block program file viewing,how to block programs by rajistry editor,how to register block on win7,disallowrun regedit,blocking the applications using registry,registry funny tricks,HOW TO RESTRICT INSTALLING USING REGISTRY IN WINDOWS 7,how to block websites in windows 7 exce,how to block websites on windows 7 using regedit,how to block websites using registry,how to denied application in reg eidtor,registry disable program,how to block software regedit,how to block programs from running windows 7 registry,how to block programs in windows 7,how to block programs using regedit,how to block programs with regedit -firewall,windows 7 registry disallow theme,how to block software registry,how to block some registry,how to block the players through registry on windows7,how to block users from running a program in windows 7,How to Block website through Regedit in Windows 7?,how to restrict software installation by using the registry,INSTALL BLOCK THROUGH REGEDIT,win7 disallowrun,win7 how to avoid program write in registry,win7 stop application from running registry,windows 7 program install block,windows 7 registry blocked applications,windows 7 registry tricks for blocked sites,windows registry banned executable,windows registry blocker,Windows7TricksAndTips|TipsFromGeek,user block registry windows 7,use regedit to restrict access internet,installer blocker using registory ?,internet blocked by registry in win 7,regedit dislowrun,regedit to prevent users from running iexplore exe,register to block programs,registory block application,registry windows 7 prank,restrict installation via registry in windows 7