Rooting is not limited to only tech-savvy guys any more. Any one with little or no knowledge can do this with number of easy-to-use tools available on the net. Unlock root is one such free software which can root almost any android phone available in the market. All you will require is a data cable for your phone, device drivers and a Windows PC.
- First of all install drivers for your mobile phone. If you haven’t done this yet you can do it using the CD provided by your mobile manufacturer or look on the net to download related drivers.
- After installing the drivers download Unlock root from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Your device must be in USB Debugging mode. To turn it on, in your android phone – go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box.
- Run the app and click on the Root button. It will show you the list of android devices connected to your PC. Select your device and it will take care of the rest. It will take around 2-3 mins to complete the process. Wait until you see the “rooting finished” message in the left bottom corner of the window.
Watch this video to see the exact process.
Rooting voids your phone’s warranty and you may brick your phone (chances are pretty less). Though you can unroot your phone any time and get back the warranty. I have tried this on two of my phones and it worked smoothly. At any point of time if you feel like unrooting the phone you can simply do it by following the same process. Just press the “Unroot” button this time.