Here at TFG we have shown you how you can see saved Firefox passwords. It is a very useful feature for people like me who always forget their password. But what when you are sharing your computer with others? Anybody can access the passwords stored in your Firefox.
To protect these stored logins Firefox has one additional feature called “Master Password“. Most of us would have seen this at some time in the Firefox options window but never thought of using it. If you are not using this feature, you must start using it now for your own safety. Follow the steps given below to create a new master password on Firefox.
- At the left top of the window inside the Firefox browser, click on the “Firefox” button.
- In the menu click on “options”.
- In the pop-up window click on “Security” tab.
- Check “Use a master password” option.
- Enter and confirm your password.
- Click on “Ok” to create master password.
- Master password for your Firefox browser is activated.
Such small things, if taken care of can save you from big troubles in future.