It was possible to change the logon and logoff music from control panel in Windows 7. However this functionality is left hidden in Windows 8 and we don’t know the reason why, but we can definitely help you to get it back in Windows 8. Follow the steps given below.
- Our favorite shortcut – Win + R.
- Type regedit and press enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/AppEvents/EventLables.
- Look for WindowsLogon in the left pane. Select it.
- Change the DWORD value to 0 for ExcludeFromCPL key.
- Repeat the same process for WindowsLogoff and SystemExit.
- Now press Win + X. Select Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and sound -> Sound.
- There you can change all the system sounds. You can even select custom sounds using this.