Still sharing files over Bluetooth? Using data cable to copy files to your laptop? Get AirDroid 😉
AirDroid allows you to easily share files to and from your Android mobile to any other mobile or laptop with Wi-Fi or internet. That is not it, you can even read/reply to SMS from your desktop, start camera and click photos without touching your mobile, access contacts, dial a number, take a screenshot, locate or wipe your phone when it is lost and what not.
Here is a step by step guide to share a file over Wi-Fi using AirDroid just to get you started.
- Download and install AirDroid from play store.
- If you are in LAN with other device (in the same network) or can create a Wi-Fi hotspot then it is really easy. We will show how to share files over tethered network so that you can do it on PC or a Wi-Fi enabled mobile as well.
- Turn on Wi-Fi tethering on your phone and connect your laptop or other mobile to it.
- Now open AirDroid on mobile.
- Go to Tools -> Tethering. When you click on tethering it will give you an address using which you can access files from your mobile.
- Once you open this address in your browser you will see something like this.AirDroid turns your mobile into a web host.
- Now you can access all your mobile files from this screen and do almost anything from here.
There are many more things you can do with AirDroid but listing them all here will not be possible. You can check out their site for more details.
AirDroid is undoubtedly one of the best software available for Android and is a must have for anyone who is using an Android phone. Give it a try, you will definitely love it.
Do let us know your favourite file sharing software using the comments form below.