Windows 8 has gone through many changes, but the concept of file browser remained very much same. No doubt, the new improved ribbon interface looks good but not everyone would satisfy with a cool looking explorer. Usability and efficiency is also important.
Whenever we open a drive or a folder in Windows explorer, it opens in a new window and at some point in time it becomes difficult to manage all open windows and switch between them unless you keep closing previous windows.
Clover is a small application which works as an extension to Windows explorer. It allows you to open multiple folders in tabs just like you open different sites in different tabs in Google Chrome.
Apart from this, Clover also lets you add files and folders to bookmark toolbar for quick access just like your web browser or you can use scroll click on your mouse to open the folder in new tab. It supports keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+t, ctrl+d and many more. You can even use different themes with it. So basically it brings the experience of Chrome to your file explorer.
Clover is a freeware and you can use it on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. If you like the concept of tabbed browsing then this one is for you. You can download it from the link below. Just download the file and double click on it to get started 😉
Using context menu is the quickest way to do certain tasks on Windows-based PCs. You can immediately access a software, execute a command or do edit operations from right-click menu.
The right-click menu or context menu already has the wide range of useful options, but there might be some things to which you need quick access.
Earlier we used to do it by editing registry and going through some complex procedure and the procedure used to differ for different Windows versions. But when you are using a software to do it, it becomes all much easier and quicker.
Easy Context Menu is one such free software which can be used on all latest Windows systems. When you start the program you will see a list of commands ready to be added to different context menus.
All the options shown are self-explanatory, you just need to select the options that you want to add to context menu. You can read more about this over here
Easy Context Menu is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista (32-bit + 64-bit both). You can download this small free software from the link given below.
The Windows Rundialogue box is something that allows you to look for any applications or execute any type of commands that would make your work more convenient. You can now look up any application by using the Add2Run tool. Since many of you make use of the Run command ( Win + R ) , the Add2Run tool will enhance its features. This software is absolutely free to install and use. It supports all the operating system platforms whether it is 32bit or 64bit. Here is a guideline on what the software would do for you.
- You can now initiate any program using the Add2Run software. Go to the Run box and type the name of the application. It will automatically will open up.
- You can also use the normal shortcut which pressing the Windows button and R together. This will activate the Run option. You can type the alias for the program that needs to be opened and then hit enter. This will bring up the program you looked for.
- When you want to use the alias option , you need to add the path manually. To do this ,open the Add2run software,go to the option named select and then mention the location where the file is stored. Next give a name for the shortcut and add the images related to the program.
- The next step is to click on the button named Add . This simple procedure helps you add the alias option for any software. No other configuration or addition is required on your part. This option allows you to run the program easily and without any more hurdles.
- The best part is that unlike installing other software and applications, there is no need to restart the computer. As soon as you add the software, it will start working instantly.
- Here is the link to download the software https://sites.google.com/site/add2run/download
By using the Add2Run program, you can work more conveniently.