Mozilla has recently released the final build of Firefox web browser, Firefox 19. Though this isn’t a revolutionary version there are few important changes implemented in this version. A built-in PDF viewer is the most important one, for which users were waiting since long. Which means you no longer need to use third-party plugins for opening PDF files within your browser window. See the list below to know other important changes.
What’s New (From the release notes)
- NEW : Built-in PDF viewer
- CHANGED : Canvas elements can export their content as an image blob using canvas.toBlob().
- CHANGED :Startup performance improvements.
- DEVELOPER :Debugger now supports pausing on exceptions and hiding non-enumerable properties.
- DEVELOPER : Remote Web Console is available for connecting to Firefox on Android or Firefox OS (experimental, set devtools.debugger.remote-enabled to true).
- DEVELOPER :There is now a Browser Debugger available for add-on and browser developers (experimental, set devtools.chrome.enabled to true).
- DEVELOPER : Web Console CSS links now open in the Style Editor.
- HTML5 : CSS @page is now supported.
- HTML5 : CSS viewport-percentage length units implemented (vh, vw, vmin and vmax).
- HTML5 : CSS text-transform now supports full-width.
- FIXED : Certain valid WebGL drawing operations are incorrectly rejected, leaving incomplete rendering in affected pages.
- FIXED : Starting Firefox with -private flag incorrectly claims you are not in Private Browsing mode.
- FIXED : Plugins stop rendering when the top half of the plugin is scrolled off the top of the page, in HiDPI mode.
Incoming search terms for the article:
Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular desktop browser and recently it was made available for Android devices as well. But till now it was available for latest ARM v7 based processors only. So if you owned any mid-range Android phone then most probably it can not run the Mozilla Firefox for Android. But now to increase its user base Mozilla is now looking to release an ARM v6 based version of its mobile browser.
The final version is not available yet but you can try out the nightly builds which are available here. Nightly builds are not defect free. But that won’t be a problem for people who are eager to try it out on their phone. Apart from the default stock browser I am using Dolphin and Opera on my phone. Dolphin is good for high speed connections and Opera works well for 2G connections. I tried using Firefox over 2G as well as Wi-Fi connection. Over Wi-Fi it was working smoothly. No glitches while rendering. Though form fields were little messed up at times. But it being a nightly build it was acceptable. It took more than usual time to load pages in slow connection. Rendering engine is same as what is used in desktop versions.
Over all the user interface is nice and easy to use. I would love to see “Landscape only” option added to it. Switching between tabs was never so easy before. I was able to load TipsFromGeek properly which is having a heavy design considering mobile browsers. If you are already using Firefox on your desktop then Firefox Sync can be a savior. Apart from this the other noticeable features are Save as PDF, Share, Reading List, Request Desktop site . With “Save as PDF” you can save any web page as a PDF and read it later. The new “Share” option allows you to quickly share things using other applications on your phone.
Firefox Add-on gallery is the bonus. There aren’t many useful add-ons as of now but looking at its current growth definitely there will be many more options very soon. Hoping to see its final release pretty soon. Till then Dolphin stays default on my phone ;).
Incoming search terms for the article:
firefox arm download,download firefox for arm,installer firefox os sur huawei 8160,cheats and tricks of samsung GT-S5570,mozila firefox for gt-s6102,Motorola XT300 fennec mozilla,lg ally vs740 tricks and hacks,installing firefox os in lg 540,install firefox nightly arm,Huawei gaga tips and tricks,Mozila firefox for micromax a75,mozila firefox free dawnload for htc chacha a810,mozilla firefox armv6 for samsung galaxy y young duos gt-s6102,mozilla firefox for Micromax A50,mozilla firefox for sony ericsson u20i,mozilla firefox for sony ericsson w8,mozilla for arm,samsung gti6500u,Spice Mi 350 cyanogenmod,gt6102 hidden tips and tricks,firefox os download arm v6,counter strike game for htc wildfire a333 free download,cruz tablet t104 cyanogen,Download firefox for samsung gt s6102,download firefox linux arm,download mozilla firefox free for sony ericsson u20i,firefox arm,Firefox browser for SamSung Gt-s5570,firefox for arm,firefox for arm device,firefox for htc wildfire a333,firefox galaxy europa,firefox gt i7500,firefox huawei 858,firefox mozala for pandigial noval,firefox os ARM v6,firefox os auf ideos x3,u8650 firefox os
Here at TFG we have shown you how you can see saved Firefox passwords. It is a very useful feature for people like me who always forget their password. But what when you are sharing your computer with others? Anybody can access the passwords stored in your Firefox.
To protect these stored logins Firefox has one additional feature called “Master Password“. Most of us would have seen this at some time in the Firefox options window but never thought of using it. If you are not using this feature, you must start using it now for your own safety. Follow the steps given below to create a new master password on Firefox.
- At the left top of the window inside the Firefox browser, click on the “Firefox” button.
- In the menu click on “options”.
- In the pop-up window click on “Security” tab.
- Check “Use a master password” option.
- Enter and confirm your password.
- Click on “Ok” to create master password.
- Master password for your Firefox browser is activated.
Such small things, if taken care of can save you from big troubles in future.