This is a great trick you can play on your friends. To disable the display of local or networked drives when you click My Computer.
- Go to start->run.Type regedit.Now go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
- Now in the right pane create a new DWORD item and name it NoDrives(it is case sensitive).
- Now modify it’s value and set it to 3FFFFFF (Hexadecimal) .
- Restart your computer. So, now when you click on My Computer, no drives will be shown.
- To enable display of drives in My Computer, simply delete this DWORD item that you created.Again restart your computer.You can now see all the drives again.
If you are a networking student and want to learn remote pc access method using netbios then here we have something interesting for you. This is a simple process to access other PCs in LAN using NetBios.
- First of all you will need a IP scanner. Search for “angry IP scanner” in Google and download it.Now scan the desired ip on TCP/IP port 139.
- Now open CMD.
- Now type nbtstat -a [ipaddress]. Replace [ipaddress] with the victims IP address.
- If you see something like user <20> UNIQUE Registered in the windows you can connect to that machine easily.Or else try some one else’s IP.
- Now type net view user [ipaddress].If the output is like this: CDISK Disk xxxxx xxxxx, the victim is sharing a Disk named as CDISK
- Now type net use y: [ipaddress]CDISK. If the command is successful we will get the confirmation.The command was completed successfullly
Now open windows explorer or just double click on the My Computer icon on your
desktop and you will see a new network drive Y:> .